Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I order my blinds?
Once you’ve measured your windows and selected the style and color of blinds you want, call us toll-free at 1-866-791-3193 to place your order. You’ll speak with a customer service representative, who will answer any questions and take your order and credit card information.
2. When will I receive my blinds?
We will ship your blinds to your home 5 business days after your order has been placed. Blinds will be shipped according to the following schedule. Please note: These are the days the blinds will be sent out. Shipping time is additional.
3. How will my blinds be shipped?
Your blinds will be sent via FedEx Ground shipping unless otherwise specified. If you’d like Express shipping, shipments can be sent via FedEx Next Day Air, FedEx 2nd Day Air or FedEx 3-Day Select for an additional charge. For information on rates or for other shipping questions, please contact customer service at 1-866-791-3193. Please note:
* Shipping outside the United States or to APO or FPO addresses is not available.
* Shipments to Alaska and Hawaii containing blinds less than 82 inches are shipped via Parcel Post. Please allow 3 to 4 weeks for delivery.
* For shipping costs for orders to Alaska and Hawaii, please contact customer service at 1-866-791-3193.
* Most products are shipped via FedEx Ground or USPS (U. S. Postal Service).
* Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. boxes.
4. How do you calculate shipping costs for the blinds?
We work hard to achieve the lowest possible shipping rates and then pass those costs to the customer with no handling or other surcharges. Typically, the cost for shipping comes to about 15 percent of the retail price of the order. For shipping costs for orders to Alaska and Hawaii, please contact customer service at 1-866-791-3193.
5. What if I want to change or cancel my order?
You may change or cancel your order within 24 hours of placing it. After 24 hours, production of your custom-made blinds begins, so we cannot make changes. To change or cancel an order, please call us toll-free at 1-866-791-3193. Please note: Changes or cancellations cannot be made on “rush” orders because they go into production immediately.
6. What if I want to return my blinds?
If we made an error on your blinds, we will fix the blinds immediately at no charge and ship them to you via FedEx Ground. If you made an error in your order, unfortunately we cannot issue a return or refund because Home Trends blinds are custom-made to fit the windows in your home, according to the measurements you provided. We do our best to minimize the possibility for errors by helping you measure your windows accurately and by offering sample chips so you can see what your blinds will look and feel like before you order.
7. If I request sample chips before I order blinds, is there a charge for the chips?
Yes, there is a $3 charge for a sample chip order. We charge separately for samples instead of building the cost into the price of the blinds so that customers who purchase blinds don’t bear the cost of those who request samples but don’t purchase. The cost of the sample is deducted when you purchase the blinds.
8. What if my blinds are damaged or defective when I receive them?
If your blinds are damaged or defective when you receive them, please contact us immediately at 1-866-791-3193 to speak to a customer service representative. The customer service department is open 7 days a week from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. (PT). All factory errors will be fixed at no charge. We will send you replacement parts or replacement blinds.
9. Are the blinds covered by a warranty?
Yes, your Home Trends blinds come with a limited lifetime warranty. Detailed warranty information is included in your package, or you can get the information from customer service at 1-866-791-3193.
10. Are there any safety issues I should be aware of with my new blinds?
Infants and young children should be kept away from the cords of window blinds. It takes only a few seconds for a child to become entangled in the cord, which can lead to strangulation. Window blinds manufactured before 2001 could represent a strangulation hazard to children. The Window Covering Safety Council urges you to check and childproof all window coverings and window areas in your home. Older blinds should be replaced with newer, safer ones or should be retrofitted to make them safer. For a complimentary safety cord stop kit for blinds, call toll-free 1-800-506-4636.